If you're wondering how to make gluten free cornbread from scratch, this simple cornbread recipe is what you've been looking for. It makes buttery, perfect cornbread - every time. It only takes 25 minutes from start to finish! You can make it in a skillet or any baking dish, too. Serve the cornbread with pumpkin soup or chili. It goes well with lots of stews and soups. Sprinkling vegan cheddar cheese on top makes it even better!
- 1 cup Extra White Gold 1:1 gluten free certified all purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup plant based milk
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your oil, milk, yolk and egg . Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.