Check other cornbread recipes here: The best family style gluten free cornbread, Gluten & Dairy Free cornbread.
- 1 cup Extra White Gold 1:1 gluten free certified all purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey and more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
- Grease a muffin pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, honey, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your butter, milk, and eggs . Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle some honey on top of the cornbread. Serve hot.