These Easter buns are sweet rolls, airy and light. They are studded with craisins or raisins.
If you have any leftovers, you can cut them and spread butter or jam and enjoy with your morning coffee!
For the buns:(9 buns)
1 package Extra White Gold gluten free bread flour
1 tbsp. Dry yeast ( or 1 sachet)
50 gr (1/4 cup ) sugar
1 egg (L) or an egg chia replacement
240 ml.(1 cup) lukewarm water
¼ cup pieces of butter/ vegan butter room temp (very soft)
½ tsp. salt
1/4 cup chopped craisins or raisins
For the egg wash:
1 egg for egg wash beaten with 1 tsp water and 1 tsp honey
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup powder sugar
2 1/2 tsp milk or water
- In a mixer bowl, mix the flour, sugar and yeast.
- In a different bowl, mix the egg, water and pour to the mixer bowl. Mix well. Add gradually soft butter. Add salt and craisins. Mx on a low speed for 3 minutes.
- The dough should be sticky. If it is dry, add up to 3 tablespoons water.
Lightly spray your dough with oil, cover and let rise it overnight in the fridge.(up to 8 hours).
The next day, flour your surface with some gf flour and with oiled hands, shape into 9 round rolls.
- Let the dough rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash. Heat the oven to 375 deg. Put inside the oven (the low part of the oven), a dish filled with very hot water (will help the rise).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once buns are warm and not hot, stir the glaze ingredients. Transfer glaze to a ziploc bag, cut off the tip of the bag and pipe a cross shape over each of the buns. Serve warm or at room temperature.