2 cups Extra White Gold gluten free all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 large egg
6-7 tablespoons water
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon Extra White Gold gluten free all-purpose flour
1 cup dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup halved pecans
Prepare the pie crust:
- Add Gluten Free Extra White Gold all purpose flour and sugar to a mixing bowl, mix well. Incorporate the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Mix in the egg; add gradually water to crumb mixture, until dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a flattened disk, wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F and brush with melted butter two 8-inch fluted tart pan or a deep pie dish.
- Roll out the dough between 2 parchment papers and cut a 13-inch round. Tuck the round into the tart pan and gently press it into the edges and up the sides. Transfer to the freezer and chill for about 10 minutes.
Make the filling:
- In a medium bowl, gently beat eggs. Stir in sugar and flour, then the syrup, butter and vanilla extract.
- Cover the chilled dough with chopped pecans and then, arrange halved pecans on top of them. Carefully pour filling on top.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes; until filling set and toothpick inserted in center of pie should come out clean.
See the recipe video here.