These Valentine's day gluten free sweet cinnamon rolls are covered with pink cream cheese. The rolls are soft and delicious!
The dough is wonderful to work with. Make sure to refrigerate it over night for workable dough, with no too sticky texture.
The filling will ooze out from the dough but don't worry, it will harden a little as the pastry cools down.
Ingredients: (9 by 13 inch baking dish)
1 package Extra White Gold gluten free bread flour, plus more if needed to dust working space.
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
1 large egg yolk, room temp
1 Large egg, room temp
3/4 cup lukewarm water plus 1-2 teaspoons water
1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted cubed butter, melted, not hot
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar packed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, raisins or walnuts
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup cream cheese
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1-2 drops of red color
- Make the dough:
Whisk the flour, sugar and yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed with the paddle attachment for 1 minute.
- Add water, eggs, vanilla, and salt mix for two minutes until dough forms. With the mixer on low, add butter, a spoonful (cube) one at a time while the mixer is running and then salt. Add 2 teaspoons of water; dough should be sticky. Then, mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Spray a bowl with oil and return the dough to the bowl, turning it to coat with oil.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in the fridge over night (6-8 hours).
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Coat baking sheets with parchment paper or use muffin silicone sheets (for a nicer presentation).
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle (1/4 inch thick). Spread softened butter, sugar, cinnamon and pecans (optional). Fold the dough; cut and roll (see the recipe video). Tuck the end of the dough at its bottom. Place the buns cut-side down in the pan, leaving half inch space between each roll.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, 15-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 °F .Brush with an egg wash (For extra rise place a dish filled with hot water at the bottom of the oven).
- Bake the buns until golden brown for about 15-20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: beat together sugar, cream cheese, drops of red color and butter. Transfer the buns to a rack and drizzle the glaze on top while still warm. Sprinkle with red sprinkles.
I was looking for a cinnamon rolls recipe! Thaks!
Wow!! Looks great! Thank you for the recipe!