2 cups Extra White Gold gluten free all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 large egg
6-7 tablespoons water
6 sliced green apples
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Prepare the pie crust:
- Add Gluten Free Extra White Gold all purpose flour and sugar to a mixing bowl, mix well. Incorporate the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Mix in the egg; add gradually water to crumb mixture, until dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a flattened disk, wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F and brush with melted butter 8-inch or 9" fluted tart pan or a deep pie dish.
2. Shape the dough into a flattened disk, wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375°F and spray your pan with cooking spray.
4. Roll out the dough between 2 gluten free floured parchment papers and cut a 10-inch round. Tuck the round into the tart pan and gently press it into the edges and up the sides. Trim edges. Transfer to the freezer and chill for about 10 minutes.
5. For the filling: In a large pan cook sliced apples with butter, sugar and cinnamon for 7-8 minutes.
Remove from the heat and let it cool for an hour. Add the eggs. Pour into the pie shell. Cut out shapes from leftover dough.
6. Brush with an egg wash and bake for 30-40 minutes, until filling is set.
7. Serve with whipped cream.