For the Dough
4 cups (500 grams/1.1 LB) gluten-free Extra White Gold bread flour, plus extra for dusting
2/3 cup (80 grams) granulated sugar
1 tablespoon (11 gr) instant dry yeast
2 large eggs
1/2 cup (120 ml) lukewarm (100 °F- 110 °F) milk or water plus 2 tablespoons 1/2 cup unsalted butter (100 grams), melted not hot
1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
vegetable oil, for greasing
For the Filling
1 cup hazelnut- chocolate spread (such as Nutella) or 2 oz.(50 gr) Hazelnut praline paste
8 oz. (200 gr) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 oz. (100 gr)butter
4 oz. (100 gr) coconut flakes or small chocolate chips
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (optional)
For the Syrup
1/3 cup (80 ml) water
6 tablespoons (75 grams) granulated sugar
Egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
Make the dough:
- Combine flour, sugar and yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer. Blend for 1 min. Mix in a small bowl, eggs, and 1/2 cup milk pour into the flour mixture, using dough paddle hook, mix until dough forms.
- With the mixer on low speed, add butter, a spoonful at a time, and then salt. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix the dough on medium speed for 4 minutes until smooth.
- Spray a bowl with oil and return the dough to the bowl, turning it to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, 1 – 1 1/2 hours. (At home, you can leave it in the fridge overnight).
Make the filling:
- Melt the chocolate and butter by using the microwave or bain-marie method. Mix well until smooth. Refrigerate until use.
- Coat two sheet pans with oil or butter or line the bottom of the pan with a parchment paper.
- Divide into 2 pieces. Roll out each piece on a well-floured parchment paper; (10-inch circle and 1/4 inch thick). Cool the dough for 30 min.
Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the dough, spread chocolate, coconut, and cinnamon.
- Cut each dough to triangles (like a pizza) and roll towards the center.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). At home; place a dish filled with boiling water at the bottom of the oven.
- Brush with egg yolk and Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, sprinkle on the cookies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack and let cool.