Can you resist a good coffee cake? We didn't think so!
This coffee cake has a great combination of sweetness and crunchy top. Pair it with a good cup of coffee and you are all set for your weekend.
It is great for brunch or for your special moments.
For a dairy free cake, replace butter and milk vegan butter and plant based milk.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Extra White Gold AP flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
For the Cake
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Extra White Gold AP flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
How to make?
2.In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour blend and the cinnamon. Cut in cold butter, using fork or a food processor, until mixture is crumbly. Refrigerate.
3. In large bowl, beat sugar and the softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in eggs on by one, until blended. Mix milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, and the baking powder. Spread half of batter in pan. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup streusel mixture over batter. Pour remaining batter over streusel. Sprinkle 1/4 cup streusel over batter.
4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Sprinkle the remaining streusel and walnuts (optional) on top, 10 minutes before taking the cake out (this will keep the streusel on top of the cake).
Cool completely before serving.