2 cups Extra White Gold all-purpose flour
¼ cup potato starch
½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
1 large egg
2 to 3 tablespoons cold water, optional
Cooking spray, for greasing
1 cup honey
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 cups pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
- In the bowl of a food processor, sift together the flour, potato starch . Add the butter and process until coarse crumbs form. Mix in the egg until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add 2 to 3 tablespoons water. Shape the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Grease a 9-inch fluted tart pan with cooking spray. Lightly dust your work surface with flour, or place the chilled dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Roll out the dough and cut a 13-inch round.
- Tuck the round of dough into the tart pan, pressing it gently into the edges and up the sides. Transfer to the freezer and chill for about 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the shell from the freezer and trim the edges, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix the honey, light brown sugar, pecans, butter and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into the partially baked shell and bake for another 40 minutes, or until the filling sets and the top is golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. May be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.