This is the simplest bread to bake at home and it requires no stand mixer, no starter, no special knowledge, and no kneading. This focaccia bread is great for sandwiches!
For the dough:
- 1+1/4 cups warm water 100 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Extra White Gold Bread flour
- about 4 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano or dried Basil
How to make:
In a large mixing bowl, combine bread flour, yeast, baking powder, sugar and mix. Add in warm water, yeast, and salt.
The dough will have a thick batter consistency( a thick pancake batter).
Use a spatula, transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Oil spray, the top of the dough, and cover with a towel and let rise 15 minutes.
Line a 9" by 13 " baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to baking pan. Drizzle oil on top of the dough. Using a spatula, flattened the dough. Spread garlic powder, oregano on top.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven, let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut into 4" squares (about 12-16).
- Use two slices of focaccia to make your favorite sandwich. Freeze leftovers in a ziplock bag.
Great recipe! I make it all the time!!