This cake is outstanding. It is moist and delicious with great flavors of carrots and cinnamon.
The cake would be a great addition to your Easter or Passover table, it is our best vegan carrot cake.
Yields two 6" inch round cakes or 8" round cake
2 large grated carrots (5.3 OZ , about 2 cups)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 small very ripe Banana or 1/4 cup applesauce
1cup Extra White Gold all purpose gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2- teaspoon baking soda
Vegan cream cheese frosting:
16 oz vegan cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two 6-inch round pans or 8 inch round pan with parchment paper. Place the carrots in a small-holed strainer, and press to release excess liquids. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the oil, juice and granulated sugar. Mix in the mashed Banana until combined
- In a different bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- A the flour mixture to the egg mixture, blend just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots.
- Spoon the batter into the pans and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
Make the frosting:
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixes fitted with a paddle, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat on a low speed for 40 minutes and then increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes until all combined. Frosting should be creamy and soft.
If frosting is too thin, add more sugar. If frosting is too thick, add a little water.
- After frosting the cake, refrigerate for 30 minutes at least.
Leftovers should be store in the fridge up to 3 days.