These Homemade Breadsticks are light, buttery, and good for you! They don't have eggs or dairy! These easy breadsticks are ready to eat in less than 90 minutes.
For the dough:
- 1+1/4 cups warm water 100 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Extra White Gold Bread flour
- about 4 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried Oregano or dried Basil
How to make:
In a large mixing bowl combine bread flour, yeast, baking powder, sugar and mix. Add in warm water, yeast, and salt.
The dough will have a thick batter consistency( a thick pancake batter).
Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Oil spray, the top of the dough, and cover with a towel and let rise 15 minutes.
Line a 9" by 13 " baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to baking pan. Spread oil on top of the dough. Using a spatula, flattened the dough. Spread garlic powder, dried oregano on top.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Bake breadsticks for 16 to 18 minutes, until golden brown on top.
Remove from the oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes. Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut into stripes. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.