These are Delicious Christmas Cookies!
Ingredients: (2 1/2 dozens cookies)
1 cup Extra white gold all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk, room temp
2 tsp.milk or plant based milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
30 chocolate kiss candies
How to make?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium high speed for 1 minute until smooth. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add egg yolk, milk, vanilla until combined for 1 minute.
- Gradually add flour mixture until combined to form a smooth dough.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 - 20 min, if needed.
- Place sprinkles sprinkles in a small bowl. Shape 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball, roll in sprinkles to coat. Repeat with remaining dough. Place coated dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies until set 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, press a chocolate kiss into center. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container up 1 week.