An easy vegan recipe for Homemade Graham Crackers. Made with good for you ingredients and maple syrup, these are so much better than store-bought crackers!Here’s what you’ll need:(12-14 crackers)
1 package gluten-free Extra White Gold gingerbread cookie mix
1 stick unsalted butter or vegan butter, or shortening cubed (room temp)
1 tsp. Cinnamon or Pumpkin spice
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
4-6 tablespoons cold water
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a food processor, mix the gingerbread mix, cinnamon with the cubed shortening/ butter, cinnamon together for 2 minutes, until the mixture will look like coarse sand. Add honey. Add gradually water to form a nice dough.
- Refrigerate: Form the dough into a ball and flatten it into a large disk (It's recommend to roll it out to 1/8 "- 1/4 " thickness). Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about an hour.
- Prep: When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 deg F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Roll: On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a knife, or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 3×2.5- inch rectangular. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake: Place the dough rectangles onto the prepared baking sheet 1/2- inch apart. Bake them for 7-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Cool: Transfer your graham crackers to a wire rack to cool completely.