There’s just something about gluten free and vegan naan bread made at home that’s so much better than store-bought! Serve it right after making it when it’s still warm — with Greek yogurt mixed with minced garlic, mint and oregano 🌿
For 12-14 Naan Bread you will need:
1 ½ cups warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons of active dry yeast
3 ½ cups Extra White Gold Bread Flour cup to cup
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon oil, divided
How to make:
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl until incorporated. Dough should be smooth and a little sticky.
- Let the dough rest on the counter, covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls (ping pong size).
- Gluten free dust your surface (We like to work on a large parchment paper) and roll the dough into thin 4" - circles. You can also, oil your hands and use them to flatten the dough.
- Heat an oiled non stick fried pan. Transfer carefully the naan dough to a hot pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked naan to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel.
- You can freeze naan in a ziplock bag for 2-3 months.