2 cups Extra White Gold gluten free all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 large egg
6-7 tablespoons water
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (15 oz) Pure Pumpkin Puree
1 can (12 fl.oz.) Evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
Prepare the pie crust:
- Add Gluten Free Extra White Gold all purpose flour and sugar to a mixing bowl, mix well. Incorporate the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Mix in the egg; add gradually water to crumb mixture, until dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a flattened disk, wrap with plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F .
- Roll out the dough between 2 parchment papers and cut a 13-inch round. Tuck the round into the 8" or 9 " pie pan and gently press it into the edges and up the sides. Transfer to the freezer and chill for 10 minutes.
Make the filling:
- In a medium bowl, gently beat eggs. Stir in sugar, puree, milk and spices, then the salt and vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour filling on chilled dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes; Reduce temperature to 350 deg F and bake for 30-40 minutes or until filling set and toothpick inserted in center of pie should come out clean. Cool for 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream (optional).
Thanks for the recipe! The filling was delicious and the crust was very tasty!
Thank you! I was looking for an easy pumpkin pie!! It looks amazing!