This cake is moist and yummy. It has rich flavors of dates, chocolate and chopped nuts or dates. No gluten and no dairy.
- 1 cup Extra White Gold all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, or chopped dates
Powder sugar, on top of the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8" round baking spring pan with nonstick cooking spray, baking spray, or butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl, mix the oil, eggs, date syrup, sugar, vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, chocolate and nuts. Mix thoroughly, until all ingredients are combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is set all the way through and feels springy to the touch (30 to 40 minutes). A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before removing from the baking dish. Slide a knife around the edges to help loosen the cake, if necessary.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar.