Made with a soft sugar cookie style base. Decorate them with a simple drizzle of frosting decoration. An easy cookie that's fun to decorate.
You can double the recipe.
Ingredients: (12 cookies)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter ,softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. Egg (1/2 an egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups Extra White Gold gluten-free all purpose flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tsp. milk or water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 drops of green food coloring
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined
2. Gradually add salt and flour to the butter mixture, blend until you reach to a nice dough consistency. Turn out the dough onto a clean surface and shape into a flattened disk. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 -30 minutes.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper, or a surface lightly dusted with gluten-free flour, until it is ¼-inch thick. Cut out cookies using cookie cutters and transfer to the baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the cookies for 7 to 12 minutes, until golden. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
5. Make the frosting: Blend confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until well combined. The frosting needs to be smooth & not runny. Add 1-2 tbsp. water, if needed. Add food coloring, mix. Decorate cookies with frosting.