2 cups peeled and grated carrots
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
¾ cup Extra White Gold all purpose gluten-free flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup orange juice
½ cup chopped roasted walnuts, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch round pan with parchment paper. Place the carrots in a small-holed strainer, and press to release excess liquids. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes, until light and airy. Mix in the eggs until combined
- Using a sifter, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the coconut.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, beating just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots, orange juice and walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. The cake may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.