There’s one special piece of equipment you’ll need for this baked donut recipe…a donut pan! Baked donuts are made with a special pan: the batter is more like a cake or cupcake.
Storage information: Freeze un-glazed baked donuts in a sealed container for up to 2 months; defrost and bring to room temperature before glazing.
- 2 cups Extra White Gold 1:1 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk or plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For topping: 1 recipe Chocolate glaze, or cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
Chocolate Glaze (optional)
1 cup (200 gr, 8 oz) chopped chocolate (61% cacao)
200 gr or 8oz. heavy cream
- Sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Liberally grease two 6-hole donut baking pan enough for 12 donuts.
- In large bowl, mix Extra White Gold AP flour, sugar, and baking powder. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla extract, and finally the melted butter. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until just combined (don't overmix). Let batter rest for 4 minutes.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 12 donut holes so the holes are about half full: make sure not to overfill them! It’s easiest to use a pastry bag to fill the holes evenly (especially for mini donuts). You can also use a spoon to gently spoon in the batter, then smooth out the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes until toothpick comes out clean, switching the top and bottom pans halfway through. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Remove from the pan (using a knife to run around the edges as necessary). Transfer to a baking rack and allow to cool before glazing.
- If making glazed donuts, make the Glaze in a medium bowl. Dip the donuts into the glaze, twisting each as you remove it to allow the excess glaze to drip back into the bowl. Top with sprinkles.
- Storage info: Store fully cooled donuts up to 2 days at room temperature in a sealed container.
For the chocolate glaze:
1.Place chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl. In a small pot, bring the cream to a boil.
2.Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, mix until melted, and smooth.
3.Pour the glaze into a shallow bowl and dip in the doughnut tops. Sprinkle