Our Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect summer treat ! They are homemade and can be made ahead of time! These vegan cookie ice cream sandwich have great texture and taste. Nobody will believe it's vegan and gluten free!
- 1 cup Extra White Gold Gluten Free All Purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp plant based milk of choice
- 4-6 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Your favorite vegan ice cream (about 2 cups)
Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. Add the milk and oil to make the dough. If the dough appears dry, add gradually 4 - 6TBSP. water.
Add chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or freeze until the dough is cold. Once dough is chilled and easy to work with.
Roll 3-4 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. Bake 14-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Let them cool completely on the baking tray. Freeze for an hour.
- For each ice cream sandwich, place 1 scoop of ice cream (about 1/4 cup) between 2 cookies. Gently press cookies together (ice cream should spread to edge of cookies). Eat immediately, OR to save for later, wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap. Place in resealable freezer bag, and freeze.