Whenever you need to make a special treat , you can always turn to this homemade caramel cinnamon roll recipe. Christmas morning, brunches, you name it, our most popular requested recipe is these gooey gluten free cinnamon rolls.
This is the Best Homemade Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls Recipe you will ever eat! These gooey cinnamon rolls are even better than Cinnabon cinnamon rolls, and are filled with a delicious caramel sauce, cinnamon! The dough is soft and pleasant to work with 😊😊it easy to make and can be prepared the day before and left to rise overnight in the refrigerator.
Ingredients: (9 by 9 inch baking dish) 9 rolls
3 cups Extra White Gold gluten free 1:1 bread flour, plus more if needed to dust working space.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
1 large egg yolk, room temp
1 Large egg, room temp
1/2 cup lukewarm water plus 2-4 tablespoons water
1/4 cup unsalted melted unsalted butter or canola oil (we used oil)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Egg wash (1 egg mixes with 1 tablespoon milk/ water)
For the Filling:
1 container caramel dip store bought
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
For the Glaze:(optional)
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup cream cheese
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Make the dough:
Whisk the flour, sugar and yeast in a bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low speed with the paddle attachment for 1 minute.
- Add water, eggs, and salt mix for two minutes until dough forms. With the mixer on low, add oil while the mixer is running and then salt.
Add 2 tablespoons of water; dough should be sticky. Then, mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Spray a bowl with oil and return the dough to the bowl, turning it to coat with oil.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in the fridge over night (12 hours).
- On a gluten free floured dough, dust your surface and dough well.
Roll out the chilled dough into a rectangle (1/4 inch thick). Spread softened caramel dip, cinnamon and coconut (optional). Fold the dough; cut and roll. Place the buns in the pan, leaving 1/4 inch space between each roll. With your hand, lightly press them down.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, 15-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 385 °F .Brush with an egg wash.
Tip: For extra rise place a dish filled with hot water at the bottom of the oven.
- Bake the buns until golden brown for about 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: beat together sugar, cream cheese, and butter. Transfer the buns to a rack and drizzle the glaze on top while still warm.