The Jewish New Year AKA Rosh Hashanah celebration is not complete without this yummy honey cake.
You will be surprise how easy it is to make it!
2 cups Extra White Gold AP Flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup Sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
4 large Eggs
1/4 cup Honey or Date honey
1/4 cup lukewarm tea or coffee (mix lukewarm water with 1 tsp ground coffee or 1 tea bag) or use any leftover coffee:)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
How to make?
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients: Extra White Gold AP flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with a whisk until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, vanilla extract, honey, and mix well with a whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until just combined. Add the lukewarm tea/ coffee. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- let the cake cool an hour. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!