This pumpkin cheese cake is perfectly spiced ,and extra creamy.
What is the secret for a smooth and creamy cheesecake?
When making cheesecake, using room temperature cream cheese and eggs is absolutely critical. Room temperature ingredients blend up smoothly so you don’t have a lumpy cheese cake. Use a good hand or stand mixer and you’ll be set for a smooth, creamy cheesecake.
Ingredients (12 slices)
For the Crust:
- 1 cup Extra White Gold All Purpose flour or Extra White Gold Bread flour or Extra White Gold All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold, diced
- 24 oz cream cheese (3 packages), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 15 oz can pumpkin pie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Extra White Gold all Purpose flour
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
To Make the Crust:
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a 9" by 9" baking pan with foil or parchment paper. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the flour, powdered sugar, cinnamon and salt and pulse a couple of times to combine.
- Add diced cold butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal with some pea-sized pieces forming. Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan, pressing the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15-18 minutes or until the crust has set and the edges are just lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside while you make the filling.
How to make the Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the 3 packages of softened cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar until light and fluffy and without lumps.
In a separate bowl, stir together 15 oz pumpkin pie mix, 4 large eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp Extra White Gold All Purpose flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
Add this mixture to the cheesecake filling and continue mixing on low speed just until well combined.
Transfer filling into crust and bake on the middle rack at 350˚F for 1 hour. Turn off heat, prop the oven door open slightly with a wooden spoon and let cheesecake sit in the oven another 45 min. Then remove from the oven and let cool to room temp before covering with plastic wrap and refrigerating. Serve when fully chilled (at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, or overnight). Serve with whipped cream or a caramel sauce.