We simply love this recipe! This honey cake is very moist and sweet, as good on the day of baking as it is days later. The cake is rich, nicely spiced, and very easy to make!
For the cake:
- 4 eggs (L)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Extra White Gold All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup non dairy milk
For the glaze:
1 cup white chocolate
2 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil, room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix eggs, sugar, oil, honey, vanilla.
- In a second mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cacao powder.
- Mix dry to the wet ingredients and add milk, until mixture smooth
- Add cocoa, half the flour, half the milk, then the remaining flour and milk. Beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 40- 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before glazing (if using)
- Combine chocolate, butter in a small bowl and melt in the micro for 30 minutes, or until melted. Drizzle on top of cake.