You need to bake these Soft M&M Cookie Bars. Each bite is slightly crisp on top, but soft and gooey inside. You can use a mix of regular and mini M&Ms and chocolate chips for texture variety, and change out the colors to make them festive for the holidays.
Ingredients (Makes about 16-18 bars)
You will need:
1 large egg or your favorite egg replacement
¼ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
8 tablespoons coconut oil or 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1½ cups Extra White Gold gluten-free 1:1 all purpose flour
1/2-teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup M&M candies
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8 by 8” baking pan with a parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the egg, sugars, soft butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mixing until combined. Fold in the M&M and mix until dough forms. Chill the dough for a half an hour in the fridge.
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking pan and press/smooth into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden. Let it cool for an hour at least in the pan. While they’re still warm, you can press a few more M&Ms into the top.
- Once cooled, lift the bars out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares.
- May be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.