Best summer dessert ever!
We've made an easy cobbler by using peaches from a can, but you can always use 8–9 medium peaches, peeled and cut into 1-1.5 inch chunks (about 10 cups). We've sprinkled sugar and crunchy topping! So Yummy.
Two 29 oz. sliced peaches in a can, without liquids
1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Buttermilk Biscuit Topping
2 cups Extra White Gold all-purpose gluten free flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1/2 cup buttermilk or milk, cold*
Mix: 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ground
How to make?
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch pan.
2. Make the filling: In a large bowl, stir the peach slices, brown sugar,
cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon together until
thoroughly combined. Spoon filling into prepared pan and bake for 7
minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside as you prepare the topping.
Keep oven on.
3. Make the topping: Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add the butter. Using two forks, cut the butter
into the mixture until it resembles coarse meal (pea-sized bits). While slowly
stirring, slowly drizzle in the buttermilk. Mix until evenly combined.
Lay dough and gently flatten out. Place dough all over the top of
the peach filling.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned and biscuit topping is cooked
through. (Stick a toothpick into the biscuit topping, if it comes out clean– it is
cooked through and the cobbler is done.) Set the pan on a wire rack, then
cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
or whipped cream.