This gluten free quick bread is a perfect choice for breakfast but we love it any time of the day. The cake is moist and light.
Makes 1 loaf (16 slices)
2 cups Extra White Gold All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk mixed with 1 tbsp. plain vinegar)
1 large egg (or an egg substitute)
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tsp cinnamon
How to make?
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. In a large bowl, mix flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. combine buttermilk, egg and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Grease a 9 by 5- inch loaf pan.
- Pour half the batter into the pan, sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar. Spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining sugar cinnamon; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Slice and serve.