Do you agree that Chocolate & Caramel is a match made in heaven?
There’s nothing not to love about these sweet caramel chocolate bars. We like to serve them slightly warm with ice cream or sweet whipped cream. Each bite is slightly crisp on top, but very soft and gooey inside.
Ingredients (Makes about 22 bars)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Extra White Gold gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped chocolate bar
- Store bought Caramel sauce (gluten free)
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Add the vanilla, beating to combine. Add the flour, and baking soda.
3. Stir in the chocolate, and chopped chocolate. Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. Bake 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven . Let cool for 15 - 20 minutes before cutting into bars. Drizzle the caramel sauce on top of the bars and serve . Enjoy.