1½ cups Extra White Gold all purpose gf flour
½ cup Almond flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana (about 1 large very soft banana)
¼ cup gluten-free semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup gluten-free semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup unsalted butter, soft
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Using a sifter, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in the mashed banana until combined. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mixing until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners until three-quarters full and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Stir until smooth and then remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and confectioners’ sugar until a paste forms; mix in the melted chocolate.
- With a spatula, spread the frosting on top of the muffins. Top with banana slices just before serving. May be refrigerated (without banana slices) in an airtight container for up to 3 days.