2 1/2 cups all purpose Extra White Gold flour
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
⅔ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes, until light and airy. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture, beating until incorporated. Turn out the dough onto a clean surface and shape into a flattened disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working on a gluten-free floured work surface or between two pieces of parchment paper, roll out the dough until it is ¼-inch thick. Cut out cookies using cookie cutters and transfer to the baking sheets. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or freeze for 8 minutes, then bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to a wire rack to cool. You can spread jam or chocolate spread on half of the cookies to make sandwich cookies. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.