3 cups Extra White Gold Gluten Free all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup corn syrup or unsulfured molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Large egg white, whisked
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
TO MAKE THE GINGERBREAD COOKIES:(makes about 4 dozens)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, cloves, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, molasses and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add gradually flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide the dough into two discs.Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the dough is thoroughly chilled and you’re ready to bake the cookies, heat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- lightly-floured hard surface. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough evenly until it is approximately 1/8-inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, re-rolling the dough as needed to cut out more. Transfer to parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Transfer to rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cookies are room temperature, pipe icing and decorate your cookies.
Make the icing:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Use a piping bag, or a ziplock bag (with the corner snipped off), or a plastic squeeze bottle to pipe the icing onto the cookies.